The Town of Palmer Lake is seeking a qualified Town Clerk to join our leadership staff.
Primary responsibilities include managing town records, preparing council meeting agendas and packets, recording meeting minutes, publication of notices, maintaining and processing liquor and other licenses, organizing elections along with general office duties. Posting notices to, and updating the town’s website. This position is the Town’s central resource on information related to Town proceedings, records retention and licenses and is expected to perform all duties and exercises all powers incumbent upon or invested in Town Clerks by state law.
Examples of additional responsibilities include:
- Follow and give oversight to procedural mandates for the clerk’s office functions.
- Attend, record, prepare, maintain and codifies records of Town Council meetings in accordance with state regulations.
- Process all licenses required by the town. Serve as secretary to the Marijuana and Liquor License Board,
- Coordinate and monitor the preparation and publication of all ordinances, resolutions and other notices in accordance with the required public notification requirements in the Town Ordinances and State Statutes.
- Follow up on all Colorado Open Records Requests Research.
- Oversees Town Council secretarial activities (schedule meetings, conferences, travel, etc.)
- Maintain an awareness of constantly changing laws, rules and regulations governing all aspects of the clerk’s department and council functions and provide direction.
All other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will exercise a high degree of independent judgment and display diplomacy and tact in professional communications with residents, elected and appointed officials, and staff. In addition the following is required:
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in municipal operations or related functions.
- Experience in records management and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Knowledge of federal, state & local laws, codes and regulations related to municipal elections, open meeting law and records management.
- Knowledge of town operations, responsibilities and limitations of an elected City Council, and state licensing procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Certified Municipal Clerk preferred.
If interested, please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Palmer Lake Jobs, 42 Valley Crescent, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job opening: December 7, 2017 Job will remain open until filled.